Modern Aging is an initiative of ACCESS Health International that inspires and empowers entrepreneurs of all ages and backgrounds to create businesses to serve the needs of the elderly. The Modern Aging educational programs provide insights into the medical and social needs of the elderly, offer examples of successful businesses, mentor participants, and provide limited seed funding. See the Silverevolution website for more information.
Sign up for Modern Aging at
Modern Aging Singapore
Singapore is a hub of innovation for the Asia Pacific region. Singapore is committed to increasing the quality of life for its aging population while controlling the costs associated with elder care.
Participants will learn about the changing needs of the elderly. They will learn the fundamentals of creating a viable business plan. They will learn what it to takes to create a new business from successful entrepreneurs. Individuals or teams may present their business concept to a panel of entrepreneurs and academic experts. The plan judged to be the most likely to succeed will be given fifty thousand dollars to jump start the business.
Program highlights include:
Mentors: We match participants with expert mentors. The mentors coach participants through the development of their business plans. The mentors are successful entrepreneurs themselves and corporate executives.
Online Learning: A state of the art online learning platform format allows participants to learn the material at their own pace. Online instruction allows the participants to maintain a full course load or to work full time. The Silverevolution and ACCESS Health websites are a rich source of additional information.
Community: Participants will become part of a community of people working to improve the lives of the elderly. You will meet other students and may form business partnerships. Modern Aging will introduce you to leaders in the business, medical, academic, and health policy communities.
Modern Aging Sweden
In Modern Aging Sweden, selected young entrepreneurs participate in a fourteen week program that includes lectures, workshops, and seminars with some of the most important policymakers and managers in elder care in Sweden. The education program was designed to supplement the business skills of the young entrepreneurs and to help them understand the needs of the elderly. Participants also worked with experienced entrepreneurs and business coaches. The young entrepreneurs presented their business concepts before a panel of experts. The concept judged most likely to succeed received money to start a company.
The eBook Modern Aging: A Practical Guide for Developers, Entrepreneurs, and Startups in the Silver Market summarizes many of the Modern Aging Sweden guest presentations available. The eBook is available as a free download here.
- Press Release: ACCESS Health International and NUS Enterprise Announce Modern Aging Program to Create New Business Ventures to Serve the Needs of the Elderly
- Press Article: ACCESS Health International and NUS Enterprise Announce Modern Aging Program to Create New Business Ventures to Serve the Needs of the Elderly, APN News
- Press Article: ACCESS Health International and NUS Enterprise Announce Modern Aging Program, Chennai Patrika
- Press Article: Innovation and Smart Money Rule at Startup Festival, The Business Times
- Book: Modern Aging: A Practical Guide for Developers, Entrepreneurs, and Startups in the Silver Market
- Video: Modern Aging: Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Future Elderly Care
- Video: Modern Aging Singapore
- Press Article: Program Launched to Help Entrepreneurs Targeting the Elderly, Channel NewsAsia
- Press Article: Singapore Taps Entrepreneurs to Ensure Elderly People Aren’t Left Out of Smart Nation Program, Tech in Asia
- Press Article: Tech Push to Improve Seniors' Care, The Straits Times
- Press Article: Two New Programs for Singapore Entrepreneurs and Startups Unveiled, The Business Times