Program Title: Program Associate
Number of Openings: 1
Tenure: 7 months, with possible extension based on performance
Assignment: Makati City and different target sites in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindano
ACCESS Health International is a nonprofit think tank, advisory group, and knowledge and implementation partner to governments and the private sector. We are dedicated to improving access to high quality, affordable healthcare in low, middle, and high income countries. ACCESS Health advises national and regional governments and the private sector on the design and management of healthcare finance and delivery systems. ACCESS Health establishes long term relationships across different countries to address both national and local healthcare needs. ACCESS Health’s vision is that all people, no matter where they live, no matter what their age, have a right to access high quality and affordable healthcare.
ACCESS Health is seeking dynamic candidates with previous experience in health research who wants to grow within our organization. Individuals with an interest in health systems and quality and process development are strongly encouraged to apply. This position offers an opportunity to gain first hand field coordination experience with an international team in an organization undertaking cutting edge health research.
Working closely with the Principal Investigator and Country Director, the Program Associate is primarily responsible for providing technical assistance during the conduct of the organization’s project/s, which includes the refinement of study design and methods, conduct of data gathering and analyses, and other tasks relevant and warranted by ACCESS Health.
The Program Associate will perform a variety of tasks that includes but is not limited to:
- Provide technical support in study or project related activities through accurate and detailed communication with study and program partners, academic partners, government agencies, and funders
- Conduct literature reviews, summarize and evaluate a variety of documents pertinent to the study and provide research and analytical support to the research team.
- Field visits to various provinces for data collection.
- Prepare a variety of reports, presentations, tables, lists, charts, and diagrams to facilitate in depth analysis
- Assist in the overall tasks relevant to the study, including document review, and consultations and validation workshops with key offices and program managers
- Apply good practices in conducting ethical research, ensuring privacy of participants, and data of the study
- Present of project outputs and participate in meetings upon request by funders and partner organizations
- Provides daily updates of project accomplishments when working remotely
- Attend all team meetings
- Other technical and administrative assistance as required by the Principal Investigator, Program Manager and Country Director
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, preferably in Public Health, Management, Research, or any related field. Completed Master’s degree is a plus.
- Preferably with at least three years experience in health research and/or program coordination, specifically in conducting field research.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office softwares as well as STATA
- Experience working with research institutions and organizations is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to support the overall technical assistance as required in the projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to conduct visits to the implementation and control sites whenever necessary
Dedication to the Mission
Commitment to the mission of ACCESS Health International is central to recruitment, promotion, and retention. Demonstrated commitment to our values and goals is the most important part of our evaluation. Strong interest in research, public health systems, and hospital management is essential.
We select and retain people who are resourceful, self-motivated and, who engage partners and organizations that further our work and our impact. Our successful country, program, and project leaders create their own path within the organization consistent with our mission and goals. We foster a culture that allows people to reach their full potential.
The people of ACCESS Health are committed to excellence in performance of their work and their relationships with our partners and our supporters.
We work as a team both within and between countries. We select people who have a demonstrated ability to work effectively as team members.
The impact of our work depends upon the ability to communicate our understanding of what works best to our partners in the government, the private sector, and fellow not for profit organizations. Written and oral communication skills are essential for these positions.
|Interested candidates should email their CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “ACCESS Health International – Program Associate” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Only the qualified applicants will correspondingly be notified.
Deadline of Application is on September 14, 2018.
To get to know more about our organizations, please visit