JOB VACANCY: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
|Position Title||Research Associate|
ACCESS Health International is a non-for profit think tank and advisory group dedicated to improve high quality and affordable healthcare for all people. We are a grant recipient of TB REACH Wave 6 for STOP TB Partnership. ACCESS Health, along with our partner Community Health Solutions (CHS), aims to establish a social enterprise in the private sector that will seek to provide high-quality TB care and ensure sustainability through revenue-generation at a purpose-built health center.
ACCESS Health is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial research associate with previous experience in health research who wants to grow within our organization. Individuals with an interest in TB management, health systems, and quality and process improvement are strongly encouraged to apply. This position offers an opportunity to gain first hand coordination experience with an international team in an organization undertaking cutting edge health research.
The Research Associate will provide assistance to the Program Manager, Project Director and TB REACH team on project coordination, data collection and analysis. S/he will report directly to the program manager. This is a full-time position to be based in Makati with frequent travels to the project’s implementation site.
The Research Associate will perform a variety of tasks that includes but is not limited to:
- Conduct literature reviews, summarize and evaluate a variety of documents pertinent to the study and provide research and analytical support to the TB REACH team
- Field visits to implementation and control sites for data collection
- Assist in data validation processes
- Provide weekly updates of project accomplishments
- Provide technical inputs for the project monthly, quarterly and final reports
- Attend all team meetings
- Other technical assistance required by the country director, program manager and project director
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, preferably in Public Health, Management, Research, or any related field. Completed Master’s degree is a plus.
- Preferably with at least five years experience in health research and/or program coordination, specifically in conducting TB-related research
- Familiarity with the health systems in the Philippines
- Strong spoken and written English language skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office softwares, as well as NVivo and STATA
- Team player
Dedication to the Mission
Commitment to the mission of ACCESS Health International is central to recruitment, promotion, and retention. Demonstrated commitment to our values and goals is the most important part of our evaluation. Strong interest in research, private and public health systems, and TB management is essential.
We select and retain people who are resourceful, self-motivated and, who engage partners and organizations that further our work and our impact. Our successful country, program, and project leaders create their own path within the organization consistent with our mission and goals. We foster a culture that allows people to reach their full potential.
The people of ACCESS Health are committed to excellence in performance of their work and their relationships with our partners and our supporters.
We work as a team both within and among countries. We select people who have a demonstrated ability to work effectively as team members.
The impact of our work depends upon the ability to communicate our understanding of what works best with our partners in the government, the private sector, and fellow not for profit organizations. Written and oral communication skills are essential for this position.
|Interested candidates should email their CV along with a sample work (published research, research proposal or any other authored technical document) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com and indicate “ACCESS Health International – TB REACH Research Associate” in the subject line.
Only the qualified applicants will correspondingly be notified.
Deadline of Application is on September 28, 2018. Interviews will be scheduled on October 4-10, 2018. Engagement will start on October 15, 2018. Estimated project duration is for sixteen (16) months.
To know more about our organizations, visit