Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)￼
The Government of India announced Ayushman Bharat in 2018. Ayushman Bharat a major health sector reform aims at making interventions in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems, covering both preventive and promotive health, to address healthcare holistically. The program includes two major health initiatives namely, Health and Wellness Centers and Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (PMJAY). The PM-JAY will cover over 10 crore (one hundred million) poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore (five hundred million) beneficiaries) providing coverage up to 5 lakh rupees ($7,100) per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
ACCESS health international convenes a platform of technical resources and expertise to support state governments to increase the likelihood of successful implementation of PMJAY. The platform works with interested state governments who require strategic support to contextualize design and implement the structures and processes for governance and management. Current work is in the state of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, which will be expanded to states of Gujarat, Maharashtra and other states over next one year.
ACCESS health international, is supporting State Agency for Comprehensive Health Insurance and Integrated Services (State Health Agency of Uttar Pradesh) in roll out of PM-JAY since June 2018. ACCESS health international seeks to onboard Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be responsible for periodically reviewing the course of program implementation and evidence-based planning.
- Formulate relevant programmatic questions and conduct quantitative/ qualitative assessments.
- Conduct meaningful data analysis, which can be used by Program.
- Communicate and regularly discuss the progress in analytical activities and findings within the team and external audience.
- Documentation of analytical findings.
- Lead the process of conducting specific data analyses for publication activities for AHI.
- Lead the work of developing a monitoring and evaluation framework per the strategic plan developed for Uttar Pradesh to ensure technical and operational efficiency of delivering technical assistance to the state.
- Understanding business requirements and management, analyzing, modelling, and interpreting large-scale data, and preparing reports based on analysis for presentation to management
- Support the State Health Agency SACHIS in monitoring the scheme by evaluating the progress/ growth vis expectations/ targets by developing necessary frameworks and monitoring tools
- Extend capacity-building support in strengthening the existing PMJAY data system.
- Develop, present, and capacity building of the SHA in Setting data quality audit mechanism for PMJAY program monitoring.
- Establish a process for reporting and feedback mechanisms that can feed into program insights
- Prepare a repository of all internal and external data sources related to PMJAY, other health insurance schemes, and other related data.
- Conduct detailed analysis of primary, secondary data sources, and internal survey data to get programmatic insights and get new ideas & understandings for reviewing existing strategies and program priorities.
- Generate key programmatic insights periodically to support the PMJAY scheme by using various data sources for better program implementation planning.
- Orientation/Training of state, district, and field level teams.
- Develop briefing notes, guidelines, and presentations as required.
- Documentation of key events and updates on key developments in the state and submission of monthly reports.
- Participate in program review meetings as required both at State Health Agency and ACCESS Health.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters’ degree in Statistics / Demography/ Economics/ Geography/ Public health and another relevant social science subject from a reputed university. MPhil or PhD would be preferred.
- Minimum Five years of experience in Healthcare/ Insurance/ Banking/ Data Analysis. Candidates having experience in government-associated healthcare programs in Uttar Pradesh will be highly desirable.
- Good spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear and concise reports, will be preferred.
- Proficiency in using any statistical software such as STATA/ SPSS.
- Proficiency in using the POWER BI tool will be added advantage.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES.
- Can think beyond the routine and conventional data representation and provide triangulated insights for better programmatic outcomes.
- Having good conceptual thinking, analytical ability, planning & prioritizing, and problem-solving approach.
- Passionate about health systems and looking to create an impact.
- Adheres to global standards of professionalism and end excellence
- Is a team player/ believes in a cohesive working environment of growth.
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT: Fixed term contract for one year, & renewable based on performance.
Compensation shall be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
REPORTS TO: Technical Specialist (Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation)
GRADING LEVEL: M3
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to share your CV and a cover letter (approximately 800 words) with the job title mentioned in the subject line to below email by October 20, 2022.
|Job Category||Communications and Marketing|