Health Market Partnerships Manager
POSITION VACANT: Health Market Partnerships Manager
LOCATION: Our preference is for the position to be based in Guwahati, India. We are open to flexible working options for suitably skilled candidates.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed-term contract till September 2026
REPORTS TO: India Country Director and Chief of Party, FHM Engage
ACCESS Health International (AHI) is a non-profit, think tank and advisory group with the mission of improving access to high-quality and affordable healthcare for all people. AHI advises national and regional governments and the private sector on the design and management of healthcare finance and delivery systems. Established in 2007, the organization is located in India and Singapore, and is headquartered in the USA.
AHI’s vision is that all people, no matter where they live, and no matter what their age, have a right to access high-quality and affordable healthcare and to lead healthy and productive lives.
For more information about AHI, please visit: https://accessh.org/
ACCESS Health International seeks a dynamic leader to manage responsibilities covering Health Market Partnerships for the USAID-funded Frontier Health Markets (FHM) Engage project in India, based in Guwahati, state of Assam.
In India, FHM Engage is working to improve gender equality and women’s economic empowerment by catalyzing market based partnerships to improve access to women’s healthcare interventions which can enable young girls and women to continue their career aspirations. The FHM Engage in India project factsheet can be found here:https://healthmarketlinks.org/resource-center/fhm-engage-india-fact-sheet
The Health Market Partnerships Manager will oversee a team of local implementing partners facilitating interventions for improving private sector engagement, in partnership with women’s livelihood promoting agencies and value chain actors to increase demand and utilization of private sector contraceptive and/or women’s health interventions. This is an opportunity to join an energized, matrixed team focused on implementing lasting, transformational impact. This will require building and sustaining relationships/partnerships with local market actors in public and commercial sector, and work with other teams to generate intelligence and data analysis. The Manager will drive project delivery with strategic support for the design and implementation of work in focus geographies, and improve national and global practices and policies related to market development for women’s health and wellness solutions. The Manager will also co-design the Scope of Work and activity description for Indian implementing partners and finalize them in coordination with the Partnerships Team.
- In cooperation with state level focal points with in multiple Ministries such as Department of Pharmaceuticals under Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Chambers of Commerce, Industry Associations to support evidence-based dialogue and deepened engagement of private sector (for products, services and information)to improve the health outcomes of the most vulnerable women populations in India.
- Development of corporate affairs strategy to support the business enterprises for cause-related and business-related Women’s Health programs, and to ensure consistent engagement with key government stakeholders so as to promote greater understanding of private sector resources for Women’s Health
- Coordinate with relevant external partners to proactively identify opportunities for collaboration with new and emerging partners to forge thematic alliances with corporations, industrial association and development partners to improve access, quality and affordability of healthcare products and services
- Support sustainable data platforms that improve visibility of the private sector landscape (depth, breadth and location of the private sector offerings) and increase availability of market analytics to benefit all sectors
- Design and execute convenings (to include virtual and in-person convenings as appropriate) of focal points and local market partners.
- Review and provide feedback on localised priority state-based plans and strategies, in collaboration with regional and global partners if needed.
- Identify, develop, and amplify success stories and best practices through annual progress reports, newsletters, social media, and other channels in collaboration with country partners and with the Communications team.
- Drafting the SoW and activity description for local partner organizations in India and work with the PMU and HQ Partnerships Team to create teaming and partnering arrangements
- Coordinate with the Senior Technical Leads on Market Dynamics & Stewardship and with relevant staff supporting youth engagement and partnership, to ensure continued engagement of civil society and youth focal point networks in the region.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPEREINCE, ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- At least 7 years’ experience in Government and Public or Corporate Affairs in a transnational or multinational company(s) (biotech desirable).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration and/or Marketing or equivalent knowledge gained through proven experience (at least 5 years).
- Ability to think strategically, leverage market information to generate market intelligence which will guide investments or regulatory changes and improve market performance and drive project implementation.
- Project management expertise with an ability to move projects forward from inception to implementation to completion. Ability to break down tasks into short term goals as in consulting experience in a coordination and operations management role.
- Experience in working with multi-stakeholder partnerships including governments, donors, multi-lateral agencies, developing countries and civil society organizations.
- Excellent writing, editing, communications, and research capabilities, with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the MS Office Suite (OneNote, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Leadership and team management skills, i.e. ability to build good relationships at all levels and to be able to advise, influence and coach
- Experience developing USAID workplans and budgets
- Communicates clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-culture communication skills
- Ability to deliver clear, compelling syntheses, actionable recommendations, and decisions to a broad range of audiences
- Experience in a top tier management consulting firm
The annual compensation range for this position exclusive of benefits is INR 3,242,242 to INR 4,060,000.
HOW TO APPLY:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to share your resumes with the job title mentioned in the subject line to below email id by February 3, 2024.