Senior Technical Specialist- Adjacent Health Markets
LOCATION: New Delhi
The Senior Technical Specialist in Adjacent sectorHealth Markets is pivotal in strategizing and executing market expansion efforts by strengthening platforms for a holistic approach, involving multiple ministries and departments beyond MOH as well as the involvement of private sector including Corporate Workplace and CSR initiatives and NGOs, and Civil Society Organizations working within the communities for adolescent and youth SRH. S/he will lead efforts to combine available resources with government policies to foster a better economic ecosystem for women, linked to their overall health and well-being.
Frontier Health Markets (FHM) Engage is a global cooperative agreement designed to provide technical assistance (TA) supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences and contribute to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning (FP) and other health services and products in mixed health systems. FHM Engage is implemented by four core consortium partners – Chemonics International (prime and co-technical lead), Results for Development (R4D) (co-technical lead), Pathfinder International, and Zenysis Technologies.
In India, FHM Engage is working to improve gender equality and women’s economic empowerment by catalyzing market-based partnerships to improve access to women’s healthcare interventions which can enable young girls and women to continue their career aspirations. The FHM Engage in India project factsheet can be found here: https://healthmarketlinks.org/resource-center/fhm-engage-india-fact-sheet
The project’s core objectives in India include:
- Facilitate stewardship to encourage private sector engagement for improved access to quality comprehensive Women’s Health including FP/reproductive health (FP/RH) products and services through alliances and collaborations to support India’s FP 2030 commitments.
- Improve young people’s access to Women’s Health and Wellness solutions in India by expanding the range and reach of contraceptives with an expanded basket for contraceptive choices.
- Strengthen focus on adolescents and youth to catalyze increased demand for priority sexual and reproductive health (SRH) products and services in the private sector for improved health outcomes for young people.
ACCESS Health International is the project’s Network Implementing Partner (NIP) for implementing many key aspects of the country program. ACCESS Health will lead two areas:
- Serve as managing entity for all FHM Engage activities in India.
- Build market actors’ capacity at the national level to steward market initiatives in multiple states.
- Map government ministries and departments at national and state levels (such as MWCD, MEITY, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship) to understand roles and responsibilities and identify opportunities to advocate for improved coordination, policies for improving the health and wellness of women, and identify opportunities of collaboration.
- Co-work with the WOHLA secretariat agency to identify the range of market actors for inclusion in consultation for developing GOI FP 2030 roadmap for youth-centered strategy and private sector engagement, including focal points across think tanks (including Niti Aayog), multiple Ministries such as the Department of Pharmaceuticals under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Chambers of Commerce, industry associations, FP2030 teams, and donors such as WHO/UNFPA
- Assess new markets and regions, formulating entry strategies that align with technical capabilities. Identify potential challenges and risks associated with market expansion and develop mitigation strategies.
- Stay updated on industry trends, technologies, and best practices, becoming a subject matter expert. Collaborating with Cross-Functional and Cross-Sectoral Teams to align technical solutions with market needs.
- Work closely with the wider FHM Engage India Market Facilitation team and sub-award partners, such as WOHLA, to agree on the most pressing policy and regulatory constraints that inhibit the functioning of local women healthcare markets in India and support their actions to address them
- Support the team in building the stewardship capacity of national public institutions to work with Departments, Ministries, and Think Tanks in India’s capital, New Delhi, to formulate strategic policy directions for improving private sector engagement.
- Support building and sustaining relationships/partnerships to ensure consistent engagement with key government stakeholders, including ministries and departments, to promote a greater understanding of private sector resources for Women’s Health.
- Support stakeholders in public and private entities to strengthen communication and collaboration with private sector organizations and companies. This includes coordinating information sharing, establishing Communities of Practice, working groups, forums, and other mechanisms,and approaching stakeholders through various professional media like LinkedIn, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Build a framework for data collection and analysis to enable needs assessment and work towards accomplishing policy development for greater strategic understanding and initiatives
- Build market development communication in the form of pitch decks, concept notes and case studies to enhance the understanding across the key government stakeholders.
- Travel as per the requirement of the project.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Deputy Country Director (Technical)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Academic Specialisation: Master’s in Public Health (MPH) or MBA in Health Management or business, management, economics, development studies, or related discipline
- Experience: At least 5 years experience working with the government ministries and departments at the national and state level, and private sector in family planning or/ and women’s health.
- Communication/ Language: Superior written and oral communication skills in English.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent relationship management skills, including experience in developing and managing government relations at different leadership levels.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Passionate about health systems and looking to create an impact
- High level of analytical and strategic skills
- Team player with high interpersonal skills and working in a collaborative manner
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Good listening skills and open to new ideas/flexibility/adaptability
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships
- Well-organized with time and great management abilities
- Excellent networking, influence, and management skills to interact with leaders, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Strong work ethics, humility, and integrity adhering to global standards of professionalism
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed-term contract for two years
REPORTS TO: Deputy Country Director- Technical
HOW TO APPLY: Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to share your resumes with the job title mentioned in the subject line to below email ids by January 29, 2024.