Senior Technical Specialist-Market Regulation and Access
LOCATION: New Delhi
The Senior Technical Specialist will focus on developing and implementing strategies to ensure market access for family planning commodities/products. This position requires an in-depth understanding of the healthcare landscape, regulatory requirements, and pricing to gather strategic insight into the ever-evolving pharmaceutical and healthcare sector in the sexual and reproductive health domain. S/he should be passionate about shaping the future of the sexual and reproductive health domain in India and navigating complex regulatory landscapes, for an impactful contribution.
Frontier Health Markets (FHM) Engage is a global cooperative agreement designed to provide technical assistance (TA) supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences and contribute to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning (FP) and other health services and products in mixed health systems. FHM Engage is implemented by four core consortium partners – Chemonics International (prime and co-technical lead), Results for Development (R4D) (co-technical lead), Pathfinder International, and Zenysis Technologies.
In India, FHM Engage is working to improve gender equality and women’s economic empowerment by catalyzing market-based partnerships to improve access to women’s healthcare interventions which can enable young girls and women to continue their career aspirations. The FHM Engage in India project factsheet can be found here: https://healthmarketlinks.org/resource-center/fhm-engage-india-fact-sheet
The project’s core objectives in India include:
- Facilitate stewardship to encourage private sector engagement for improved access to quality comprehensive Women’s Health including FP/reproductive health (FP/RH) products and services through alliances and collaborations to support India’s FP 2030 commitments.
- Improve young people’s access to Women’s Health and Wellness solutions in India by expanding the range and reach of contraceptives with an expanded basket for contraceptive choices.
- Strengthen focus on adolescents and youth to catalyze increased demand for priority sexual and reproductive health (SRH) products and services in the private sector for improved health outcomes for young people.
ACCESS Health International is the project’s Network Implementing Partner (NIP) for implementing many key aspects of the country program. ACCESS Health will lead two areas:
- Serve as managing entity for all FHM Engage activities in India.
- Build market actors’ capacity at the national level to steward market initiatives in multiple states.
- Utilize subject-matter knowledge and expertise of market dynamics, including product performance, pricing, and regulatory landscapes in the sexual and reproductive health domain.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess the feasibility and market potential of new commodities/products, innovations, and drug, and device dossiers.
- Monitor and analyze healthcare policy changes and their potential impact on family planning commodities/products.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes in the domain of sexual and reproductive health to ensure a comprehensive understanding of compliance requirements
- Engage with relevant stakeholders, including government agencies, private firms, and pharmaceutical companies to enhance market access for family planning commodities/products.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Academic Specialisation: Masters in public health (MPH) or MBA in health management or Masters in Pharmacy or a related discipline preferred.
- Experience: At least 5 years experience in market access roles within the national or international public health organizations or pharmaceutical industry, with a focus on family planning. The said position for
- Communication/ Language: Superior written and oral communication skills in English.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent relationship management skills, including experience in developing and managing government relations at different leadership levels.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Passionate about the family planning domain and looking to create an impact
- High level of analytical and strategic skills
- Team player with high interpersonal skills and working in a collaborative manner
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills and working in a collaborative manner
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Good listening skills and open to new ideas/flexibility/adaptability
- Strong work ethics, humility, and integrity adhering to global standards of professionalism
HOW TO APPLY:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to share your resumes with the job title mentioned in the subject line to below email ids by January 29, 2024.